Tricia Knight, CPA (1955-2022)
March 1, 2022
Tricia spent over 40 years passionately serving her clients and the Milwaukee community. When Tricia began her career, the industry was dominated by men. This was true when she became one of the first female partners in Wisconsin in 1985 at age 29. “At that time, firms did not allow women to hold management positions and it was difficult for clients to accept,” said Knight, “Now women are visible at all levels in the profession and taking on leadership roles.*”
She fought to shape the future of accounting through her advocacy efforts, mentorship and leadership skills. She impacted so many lives through her kindness, community giving and professional work. Tricia was an inspiration to everyone who knew her.
Throughout her professional career, she demonstrated leadership at the firm and a commitment to her clients, but what set her apart was her willingness to share her time and expertise with the community in which she worked and lived. Tricia was involved in many local and state-wide organizations, including:
- Board of Directors for the WICPA (Wisconsin Institute of CPAs)
- Board of Directors for the Wild Space Dance Company
- Board of Directors for the YMCA Holton Youth Center
- Board of Directors for the Charles Allis/Villa Terrace Art Museum
- Board of Directors for the Wisconsin Trust Account Foundation, Inc.
- The WICPA’s Federal Tax and IRS Liaison Committees
- Board Liaison to the WICPA’s Annual Tax Conference Committee
- Member of the Wisconsin and Indiana CPA Societies
- WICPA Executive Finance Committee
- Three Holy Women Finance Committee
- Treasurer of the Crescent Condo Association
- Member and Volunteer of Professional Dimensions
Tricia was the embodiment of our mission to serve our clients and the community with passion, exceptional knowledge and superior service.
- St. Joan Antida 2018 Deus Solus Award
- Five Star Financial Services Professional 2016 award winner in the area of Taxation
- WICPA Achievement Award 2011
- WICPA Public Service Award 2008
- Holton Youth Center Outstanding Support Award 2000
Tricia was a perpetual cheerleader for volunteering your time, being passionate about your career, and uplifting those around you. We celebrate the life of our dear friend and colleague. May we strive to live and work by the inspiration she gifted to us.