RitzHolman CPAs Announces Promotions
Milwaukee, Wisconsin (July 18, 2023). RitzHolman CPAs, a Milwaukee-based accounting firm, is pleased to announce the following promotions:
- Brian Falk, CPA, a member of the firm’s nonprofit team, has been promoted to Senior Manager.
- Adam Updike, CPA, a member of the firm’s tax team, has been promoted to Senior Manager.
- Mike Schafer, CPA, a member of the firm’s tax team, has been promoted to Tax Manager.
- Monica Rohe, CPA, a member of the firm’s nonprofit team, has been promoted to Audit Supervisor.
- Tyler Haanen, CPA, a member of the firm’s nonprofit team, has been promoted to Senior Accountant.
- Bauj Lee, CPA, a member of the firm’s outsourcing team, has been promoted to Lead Outsourcing Accountant.
Founded in 1957, RitzHolman CPAs is a full-service accounting firm. As one of southeast Wisconsin’s top 25 accounting firms, RitzHolman CPAs has been serving the needs of businesses, nonprofits, individuals and trusts for over 65 years. For more information, please visit our website at www.ritzholman.com.
For more information, contact:
Leah Grunewald, Marketing Manager
“Receiving this award is the culmination of my winding and rewarding journey as a CPA. I was a latecomer to public accounting. I started my career as a community service worker and then worked for a nonprofit for more than 12 years. Although my late father was co-founder of our firm, RitzHolman CPAs, I never thought I wanted to be a CPA. He convinced me, however, to get a second degree in accounting, and I passed the CPA Exam while working at the nonprofit. Soon, organizations started asking me to help them with their accounting needs.
In those days, the accounting profession did not have a focus in the nonprofit sector, so I decided to transition to public accounting. I am proud of the work I did to help my firm develop a major nonprofit practice in response to a growing need. I also started teaching accounting workshops for nonprofits in the community and at UW-Milwaukee. As a CPA, I can use the profession’s hard skills to help many organizations.
I came into public accounting in a nontraditional way and encourage other latecomers to do the same. It is a great honor to be recognized by the WICPA for my career achievements.” Andrew C. Holman
Watch Andy’s WICPA Distinguished Career Award Video
Read this article by Diana Luttmann, CPA, on nonprofit grant accounting. The article was published in the Nov/Dec issue of On Balance magazine by the WICPA.