Renee Messing, CPAPrincipal
Renee Messing’s Areas of Expertise
- Nonprofit Accounting Services
- Board and Governance Consulting
Renee Messing, CPA is a principal and member of the firm’s nonprofit team. Renee joined the firm in February 2015. She adds more than 30 years of experience in providing auditing, consulting and accounting services to nonprofit organizations. Renee’s prior experience with large regional and national firms adds greater depth to RitzHolman CPA’s service to the nonprofit industry.
Her areas of concentration include social service and religious organizations, membership organizations, associations, and charter and choice and schools. Renee has performed numerous audits under Circular A-133 of the Single Audit Act and related Wisconsin State Single Audit Guidelines. She has experience in serving organizations of all sizes, from very small one person offices to organizations with assets or revenues in excess of $3.6 billion.
She is a member of the Wisconsin Institutes of Certified Public Accountants nonprofit task force. She has been a speaker at the annual nonprofit and health care continuing education conference several times. In addition, Renee has been a speaker at other conferences and provides internal continuing education classes for firm staff.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)
- The Masterpiece Ltd-Treasurer and Grant Advisory Committee Member
- Riverwalk Plaza Condominium Association-Secretary/Treasurer
- Wisconsin Club Finance Committee Member
Bachelor Degree in Accounting, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)