Experienced Nonprofit Auditor
July 27, 2023 • Experienced
Grow your accounting career at RitzHolman!
As an employee at RitzHolman CPAs, you become part of our family. You have the opportunity to work creatively in a flexible, diverse work environment. You continually develop your skills, knowledge and education, work directly with our partners, teach others, and make an impact. If you have a passion to give back, share your time, talents and enthusiastic strengths in the community, join our team.
Everything we do focuses on achieving our mission, which would not be accomplished without the talented individuals who make up our RitzHolman CPAs family. Our dedication to achieving our mission makes us a unique and successful firm. The strength of our firm is defined by our employees.
The nonprofit audit team focuses on serving the Greater Milwaukee nonprofit community. We work with over 300 nonprofits, providing audit, review, compilations, tax, and consulting services. The nonprofit team is dedicated to helping nonprofits in the Greater Milwaukee area by helping clients to have best practices and an accounting professional to help them along the way.
This position provides audit, review, compilation, tax, and consulting services for nonprofit organizations. The following skills and responsibilities is a sample of the auditor roles which would be tailored to your level of experience between the senior accountant and audit manager positions.
Skills and Responsibilities
- As part of an audit team, you will assist in the planning, fieldwork and review of audit, review and compilation services.
- Drafting and reviewing financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain ongoing relationship with the client assisting in attest and other questions throughout the year.
- Support the training of staff members, offer guidance and direction, and provide constructive feedback on work papers.
- Audit compliance and internal control over compliance in relation to major programs in audits conducted under Government Auditing Standards, the Uniform Guidance and the State Single Audit Guidelines
- Coordinate all services provided to the client to ensure client experience is positive throughout all engagement stages.
- Apply networking skills in professional, civic, and charitable organizations and is able to cultivate leads.
The experienced accounting position would be determined based on your specific experience in similar roles. We promote based on merit. Requirements of the position include the following:
- Minimum of 3 years public accounting Audit experience and a CPA certificate; or, working towards a CPA certificate.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and begin to develop leads and networking skills for future client development.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, analytical, self-motivated with a team attitude, work well under pressure, plan, and problem solve.
- Possess a willingness to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the position and business.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of team members and clients’ ability to multi-task while working on various projects and clients.
Join our team – Contact Us today!